Professor Emeritus, Entomologist
Washington State University
Department of Entomology
Mount Vernon Northwestern Washington Research and Extension Center
16650 State Route 536
Mount Vernon, WA 98273-9788
- B.S., California State University, Long Beach, 1963
- M.S., California State University, Long Beach, 1968
- Ph.D., University of California, Riverside, 1973
- 1972–1977 Research Associate, WSU, Wenatchee, WA
- 1977–1983 Research Entomologist, USDA/ARS, Riverside, CA
- 1983–1988 Assistant Professor, Associate Entomologist, Washington State University
- 1988–1995 Associate Professor, Associate Entomologist, Specialist E-3,
Washington State University
- 1990 USAID Consultant, Biological Control, Thailand
- 1990–1991 Fulbright Scholar, IITA, Republic of Benin
- 1991 University of Amsterdam Fellowship
- 1993 USAID/Peace Corps Consultant, IPM, Morocco
- 1995–2003 Associate Entomologist, Specialist E-3
- 2003 Professor, Entomologist, Washington State University
- Entomological Society of America
- Acarological Society of America
Current research interests include insect and spider mite pest management in small fruits, nurseries, greenhouses, potato and the classical biological control of the exotic cherry bark tortrix. Emphasis will be placed on integrated pest management and applied biological control research technologies to economically control arthropod pests of the above mentioned agricultural commodities through selective pesticides, augmentative releases and conservation of predatory mites and parasitic wasps when deemed appropriate.
- Breedveld, K.G. H. and L. K. Tanigoshi. 2007. Seasonal phenology of Enarmonia formosana (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae) and egg parasitism by Trichogramma cacoeciae (Hymenoptera: Trichogrammatidae) in Washington State, USA. J. Pest Sci. 80: 15-19.
- Tanigoshi, L. K., Martin, N. A., Osborne, L. S. and Pena, J. E. 2004. Biological control of spider mites on ornamental crops. In: Biocontrol in Protected Culture, Ball Publ. Pp. 185-199.
- Tanigoshi, L. K. and P. Stary. 2003. Hymenopterous parasitoids of the cherry bark tortrix, Enarmonia formosana (Scopoli) in central-east Europe (Hymenoptera: Ichneumonoidea; Lepidoptera, Tortricidae). J. Pest. Sci. 76: 89-112.
- Tanigoshi, L. K. and P. Stary. 2003. Distribution, habitats and host plants of the cherry bark tortrix, Enarmonia formosana (Scopoli)) in the Czech Republic (Lepidoptera, Tortricidae. J. Pest. Sci. 76: 41-43.
- Tanigoshi, L. K. and J. R. Bergen. 2002. Managing root weevils in Washington State red raspberries. ACTA Hort. 585: 309-314.
- Bounfour, M. and L. K. Tanigoshi. 2002. Chlorophyll content and chlorophyll fluorescence in red raspberry leaves infested with Tetranychus urticae and Eotetranychus carpini borealis (Acari: Tetranychidae). Environ. Entomol. 31: 215-220.