This position performs specialist or lead worker level work in a variety of disciplines to maintain building, equipment and grounds at the WSU NWREC facility. The individual performs skilled work in the operation and maintenance, repair, of buildings, facilities, mechanical equipment, machinery, all aspects of grounds and landscaping. May assist with or oversee the remodeling or construction of buildings. Leads and assists the Custodian 2 and Maintenance Mechanic 1 on special projects. Operates a variety hand tools, farm and grounds equipment, green house computerized controls and systems. Works independently and utilizes a general knowledge of several related skills such as plumbing, electrical, welding, carpentry, fabrication work and equipment operation.
- Facilities and Utilities Maintenance (40%)
- Farms and Grounds Maintenance (30%)
- Equipment Operations and Maintenance (25%)
- Miscellaneous (5%)
High school graduation and four years of general work experience in building and equipment maintenance, construction or repair work or completion of a recognized apprenticeship in a skilled mechanic trade; OR equivalent education/experience.
- Two year’s farm work experience and four or more years of general work experience in building and equipment maintenance, construction or repair work.
- Must have a valid driver’s license by time of hire.
- A valid Washington State Pesticide Applicator’s License or ability to obtain within three months of hire.
- First Aid Card or ability to obtain within three months of hire via employer onsite training.
- A valid Washington State Mobile Equipment Operator’s Certification Card or ability to obtain within three months of hire.
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Journey-level experience in carpentry, electrical systems, plumbing, and/or HVAC.
- Experience working in a higher education or research environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Screening of applicants will begin on Monday, May 1, 2023. For full list of position details and duties, and to apply, visit the posting on Workday (below).