Conducted foreign exploration for larval/pupal parasitoids of cherry bark tortrix Enarmonia. formosana Scopoli, in collaboration with Dr. Petr Stary, Czech Academy of Sciences, Ceské Budejovice and Moravia. This research was funded from several public agencies.
USAID IPM CRSP La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines.
- Discovery and selection of suitable native predatory mite candidates for rearing
- and release.
- Design and implementation of small and large-scale predatory mite rearing
- systems for cooperatives, individual farmers and local governmental units.
- Development of a predatory mite product, competitive with available pesticides.
- Survey of predatory and phytophagous mites on strawberry.
- Niche market development campaign-for farmers utilizing predatory mites.
Bogor, Java. Sample diplopoda for Heterozerconidae (Acarina: Mesostigmata).
Solok, West Sumatera. Indonesian Fruit Research Institute. Investigations into potential biological control methods for thrips scarring mangosteen fruit. Workshop on small-scale rearing of native predatory mites.
Acarology workshop, Dakar, Senegal, USAID, The Integrated Pest Management Research Support Program (IPM CRSP)
Acarology workshop, Bamako, Mali, USAID, The Integrated Pest ManagementResearch Support Program (IPM CRSP)
Cut flower growing areas – Bogota and Cartegena, Colombia. Background research for USDA Specialty Crop Block Grant proposal. Meetings with potential collaborators and funding organizations and on-farm visitations.
Fulbright Scholar. Investigations of Heterozerconidae (Acari: Mesostigmata) as a potential bio-indicator and survey of the Heterozerconidae (Acarina: Mesostigmata) in major biogeographical regions of the Philippines: Luzon, Mindoro, Leyte, Siquijor, Cebu, Negros, Panay, Samar, Samal, Bohol.
- Acarological Society of America