The WSU Mount Vernon NW Research and Extension Center is pleased to announce an opening for an Academic Coordinator.
Summary of Duties
The majority of the responsibilities will include duties such as, but are not limited to academic counseling or advising students, analyzing applications for certification; assessing academic level; responding to academic inquiries; academic advising including developing individual academic plans; educating students in the areas of academic planning, interpretation of department, school, college and university requirements, degree requirements, career exploration, and other related matters; counseling non?students about possible admission to university programs; providing academic planning advice for prospective transfer students.
Positions may participate in coordinating student advising workshops, arranging for campus visits, recruitment activities, and assist in developing unit procedures/ methodologies.
Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of full-time academic advising experience at a college or university or related education/experience. A Master’s degree in a related field may substitute for one (1) year of professional work experience. Any combination of relevant education and professional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year‐for‐year basis.
WSU ACADA Level 1 certification within six (6) months of hire.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office including Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and positively in a diverse team environment.
- Demonstrated computer software skills, including the ability to use office software such as databases, spreadsheets, word processing.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize job tasks effectively.
- Experience conducting presentations.
- Demonstrated public speaking skills/experience.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Previous work experience at an institution of higher education.
- Experience working with diverse faculty, students and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise professional judgment and leadership, including the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of curriculum management practices, processes and policies.
- Experience working with and maintaining student records.
- Familiarity with Washington State University academic rules and regulations.
For more details and to apply, go to www.wsujobs.com (Position #128164) with a resume, cover letter, and contact information for at least three (3) professional references. Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements.