- This event has passed.
Lunch & Learn | Alumni Seminar Series
September 26 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
One event on November 9, 2022 at 12:00 pm
One event on January 19, 2023 at 12:00 pm
One event on October 25, 2022 at 12:00 pm
One event on April 20, 2023 at 12:00 pm
One event on March 10, 2023 at 12:00 pm
One event on May 15, 2023 at 12:00 pm
What happens after graduation? The answers are incredibly varied for NWREC graduates. To give current students, staff, and faculty a better idea of what career options are available, we have invited NWREC alumni to share their experiences after graduation and to talk about their current positions. The talks will be approximately monthly, and the series will continue throughout the academic year.
September 26, 2022
- Dr. Shuresh Ghimire | Assistant Extension Educator and Extension Vegetable Specialist, University of Connecticut Extension
- Aidan Kendall | Organic Crop Production Review Specialist, WSDA
October 25, 2022
- Karen Hills | Research Associate, Center for Sustaining Agriculture and Natural Resources (CSANR), Washington State University
- Lucas Patzek | Executive Director, Napa County Resource Conservation District
November 9, 2022
- Pinki Devi | Associate Food Scientist, Talking Rain Beverage Co.
- Abby Attavar | Assistant Beet and Pumpkin Breeder, Sakata Seed America, Inc.
January 19, 2023
- Matt Arrington | Assistant Professor of Applied Plant Science, Brigham Young University
- Huan Zhang | Agricultural Consultant, De Bei Consulting
March 10, 2023
- Ana Vida (Avi) Alcala | Regulatory Manager – Seed Treatment, Valent U.S.A. LLC
- Charles (Eric) Christianson | Crop Coordinator (spinach and small-leaf vegetables)/Crop Specialist (high-density outdoor crops, U.S./Canada), Rijk Zwaan
April 20, 2023
- Cheyenne Sloan | Blueberry and Small Fruit Educator, Michigan State University Extension
- Tessa Belo | Water Quality Nonpoint Specialist, Washington State Department of Ecology
May 15, 2023
- Shannon Carmody | Plant Pathology Director, Ball Horticultural Company
- Marianne Powell | Seed Pathology Lead, Ball Horticultural Company