- Temporary position: Send your resume and cover letter to Tatum Weed (firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Permanent position: Apply via Workday Administrative Assistant 2 (R-9610)
Summary of Position
This position provides administrative support to the Director and Associate Director of WSU Mount Vernon Northwestern Washington Research and Extension Center (NWREC) and is well suited for someone who is looking for a positive work environment, with room for growth while not being stressful, and is enthusiastic about our mission. This position serves as the initial point of administrative contact, often on complex and confidential issues, for all external constituencies, such as other WSU units both in Pullman and throughout the state; and with federal, state, county, and local government agencies and the community at large. This position assists the Director and Associate Director in a broad range of responsibilities related to the activities and operations of WSU Mount Vernon NWREC, and performs or helps coordinate a variety of administrative, support, and follow-up activities for the Director and Associate Director with the highest level of efficiency and attention to detail. Serving as the initial point of contact for NWREC and providing event and communications coordination and front office assistance for the Director and Center Programs. The position includes a diversity of duties, many of which are only carried out intermittently, that provide many opportunities for growth and development in our supportive work environment. This position requires a high degree of professionalism, independent judgment and decision-making, confidentiality, discretion, and strong organizational skills.
Summary of Duties
- Administrative Support
- Event Coordination
- Other duties as assigned
- One year of experience as an Administrative Assistant 1 OR a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, or closely allied field and two years of responsible office experience at the senior clerical level or higher. Clerical or office work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis. Graduate study may substitute for experience on a year for year basis.
- Demonstrated commitment and success working with people from diverse backgrounds in culturally sustaining ways.
- Work experience that demonstrates an ability to function positively under pressure in a fast-paced, professional environment; to take initiative to organize and prioritize multiple assignments and projects efficiently with attention to detail; and to manage interruptions, meet deadlines, and provide high quality service to all constituents.
- Experience organizing and expressing ideas in oral and written communication, including composing and editing correspondence and documentation.
- Work experience that demonstrates competency, proficiency, and accuracy using software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams.
- Must have, or able to obtain, a valid driver’s license by time of hire.
- Experience providing complex administrative oversight and assistance to an office, preferable in a higher education environment, and ability to work well as part of a team.
- Experience with coordinating, designing and/or maintaining websites, brochures, manuals, handbooks, press releases, videography, and other external communications.
Starting at $17.38/hour | Range 37, $3,024.00 – $3,734.00/month (Step A through J) | Successful candidates typically begin at the beginning of the salary range and receive scheduled salary increment increases in accordance with WAC 357-28.
Temporary or Permanent
Full or part-time (M-F 8AM-5PM)
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.