The Mount Vernon Northwestern Washington Research and Extension Center is hiring an Administrative Assistant 2. This position provides direct administrative support to the Director and Associate Director of WSU Mount Vernon Northwestern Washington Research and Extension Center (NWREC). This position serves as the initial point of administrative contact, often on complex and confidential issues, for all external constituencies, such as other WSU units both in Pullman and throughout the state; and with federal, state, county, and local government agencies and the community at large. This position assists the Director and Associate Director in a broad range of responsibilities related to the activities and operations of WSU Mount Vernon NWREC, and performs or helps coordinate a variety of administrative, support, and follow-up activities for the Director and Associate Director with the highest level of efficiency and attention to detail. Serving as the initial point of contact for NWREC and providing event and communications coordination and front office assistance for the Director and Center Programs. This position requires a high degree of professionalism, independent judgment and decision-making, confidentiality, discretion, and strong organizational skills.
- One year of experience as an Administrative Assistant 1 OR
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, or closely allied field AND two years of responsible office experience at the senior clerical level or higher.
- Clerical or office work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis. Graduate study may substitute for experience on a year for year basis.
- Demonstrated commitment and success working with people from diverse backgrounds in culturally sustaining ways.
- Work experience that demonstrates an ability to function positively under pressure in a fast-paced, professional environment; to take initiative to organize and prioritize multiple assignments and projects efficiently with attention to detail; and to manage interruptions, meet deadlines, and provide high quality service to all constituents.
- Experience organizing and expressing ideas in oral and written communication, including composing and editing correspondence and documentation.
- Work experience that demonstrates competency, proficiency, and accuracy using software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams.
- Must have, or able to obtain, a valid driver’s license by time of hire.
- Experience providing complex administrative oversight and assistance to an office, preferable in a higher education environment, and ability to work well as part of a team.
- Experience with coordinating, designing and/or maintaining websites, brochures, manuals, handbooks, press releases, videography, and other external communications.
For more information and to apply: https://wsu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WSU_Jobs/job/Administrative-Assistant-2_R-2620