About the PI
Dr. Chakradhar Mattupalli leads the Berry-Potato Pathology (BPP) program at the Northwestern Washington Research and Extension Center in Mount Vernon, Washington. The focus of the BPP program is to develop novel approaches for management of diseases of blueberries and potatoes, as well as other small fruits produced in Northwestern Washington and the Pacific Northwest.
Awards and Honors
- American Phytopathological Society (APS)-Southern Division Student/Post-Doc Travel Award (2017)
- Schroth Faces of the Future-Early Career Professional Symposium Speaker (2016)
- APS Foundation John S. Niederhauser Student Travel Award (2012)
- Albert J. and Adelaide E. Riker Plant Pathology Graduate Award (2012)
- APS Foundation Don E. Mathre Student Travel Award (2010)
- William T. Dible – Terra International Inc. Scholarship (2010)
- APS-North Central Division Student Travel Award (2009)
- Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Birth Centenary Gold Medal (2004)
- Barrister Sheshrao Wankhede Gold Medal (2004)
- Neelamraju Gangaprasad Rao and Kamala Gold Medal (2002)
Published Works (in past five years)
- Mattupalli, C., Shiller, J. B., Kankanala, P., Krom, N., Marek, S. M., Mysore, K. S., and Young, C. A. 2021. The first genomic resources for Phymatotrichopsis omnivora, a soil-borne pezizomycete pathogen with a broad host range. Phytopathology. https://doi.org/10.1094/PHYTO-01-21-0014-A
- Trivedi, P., Mattupalli, C., Eversole, K., and Leach, J. E. 2021. Enabling sustainable agriculture through microbiome understanding and enhancement. New Phytologist. doi:10.1111/nph.17319.
- Mattupalli, C., Seethepalli, A., York, Y. M., and Young, C. A. 2019. Digital imaging to evaluate root system architectural changes associated with soil biotic factors. Phytobiomes J. 3:102-111.
- Mattupalli, C., Moffet, C. A., Shah, K. N., and Young, C. A. 2018. Supervised classification of RGB aerial imagery to evaluate the impact of a root rot disease. Remote Sensing.10:917.
- Young, C. A., Bock, C.H., Charlton, N.D., Mattupalli, C., Krom, N., Bowen, J. K.,Templeton, M., Plummer, K. M., and Wood, B. W. 2018. Evidence for sexual reproduction: identification, frequency, and spatial distribution of Venturia effusa (pecan scab) mating type idiomorphs. Phytopathology. 108:837-846.
- Mattupalli, C., Komp, M. R., and Young, C. A. 2017. Integrating geospatial technologies and unmanned aerial systems in growers’ disease management toolbox. APS Features. doi:10.1094/APSFeature-2017-7.
- Mattupalli, C., Moffet, C. A., Rogers, J. K., and Young, C. A. 2016. Drones used to monitor alfalfa root rot disease. Hay and Forage Grower. February issue p.22.
- Pitt, W. J., Nachappa, P., and Mattupalli, C. 2020. SLVRC Plant Pathology Newsletter (July issue)
- Mattupalli, C. 2020. SLVRC Plant Pathology Newsletter (June issue)
- Mattupalli, C. 2019. SLVRC Plant Pathology Newsletter (August – September issue)
- Mattupalli, C. 2019. SLVRC Plant Pathology Newsletter (July issue)
- Mattupalli, C. 2019. SLVRC Plant Pathology Newsletter (June issue)
- Mattupalli, C. 2019. SLVRC Plant Pathology Newsletter (May issue)
- Mattupalli, C. 2018. A compelling assignment for sharing plant pathology with the wider world. Phytopathology News. 52:138.
- Mattupalli, C., Pedrozo, R., and Stockwell, V. 2018. Finding a job as a plant pathologist: Exploiting the job triangle. Phytopathology News. 52:95.
- Tomimatsu, G., Mattupalli, C., and Grunwald, N. 2018. Emerging and re-emerging pathogens: a constant threat to global agriculture. Phytopathology News. 52:50.
- Young, C. A., and Mattupalli, C. 2018. Stalking a root rot disease from the sky. Noble News and Views. 36:10-11.
- Mattupalli, C., and Charkowski, A. O. 2019. Minituber production in greenhouses – Management of diseases, insects, and physiological disorders. CSU Extension. Fact sheet No. 0.310.