Productivity and Economics of Methyl Bromide Alternatives for Raspberry Nurseries, presented at the 2011 Annual International Research Conference on Methyl Bromide and Emissions Reductions, Nov 2, 2011, San Diego California. This presentation is a summary of work on the efficacy and economics of several alternatives to Methyl Bromide for raspberry nurseries.
Handout for farm walk on organic dayneutral strawberries, Everson WA, Oct 9, 2011
Presentations from the All-Industry Washington Blueberry Growers’ Small Fruit Horticulture Program Meeting, WSU–Mount Vernon NWREC, February 8, 2011.
- View slides in pdf format.
- Industry Overview Alan Schreiber, Washington Blueberry Commission
- Why the USHBC is Important Mark Villata, US Highbush Blueberry Council
- Marketing Blueberries Tom Payne, Thomas J. Payne Market Development
- Food Safety: A grower’s Perspective Walter Ram, Giumarra. Mr. Ram reminds us that this presentation is not all-inclusive. For example, the Food Safety Modernization Act contains many items, but Mr. Ram’s presentation focuses only on those likely to affect local blueberry growers.
- Food Safety and GAP’s Karen Killinger, Washington State University
- Area-wide Spotted Wing Drosophila Program Tom Peerbolt, Peerbolt Crop Management
- Blueberry Research and Development site in Eastern Washington Alan Schreiber, ADG, Inc.
- Blueberry Breeding and Cultivar Testing in the Northwest Chad Finn, USDA-ARS
- Weed and Fertility Management of a Certified Organic Blueberry Field Emily Vollmer, Oregon State University
- Season Long Chemical Control of Spotted Wing Drosophila Lynell Tanigoshi, Washington State University
- Testing of Callisto, Sandea, Matrix , Stinger and KSU 12800 in Blueberry Tim Miller, Washington State University
- Wild Raptor Habitat Enhancement as a low-cost Pest Control Method for Blueberries Karen Steensma, Trinity Western University
- Blueberry Cultivar Evaluation at WSU-NWREC Tom Walters, Washington State University
- Nematodes in Blueberries Tom Forge, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Regulatory and Registration updates Alan Schreiber, Washington Blueberry Commission
Fumigation Webinar: Recording and slides from the webinar on fumigation and Methyl Bromide Alternatives for raspbery nurseries June 24, 2010. The webinar included:
California regulatory update on Methyl Bromide and Methyl Iodide, Randy Segawa, Cal DPR
Methyl Bromide Alternatives for Raspberry Nurseries: Diseases and Weeds, Tom Walters WSU-NWREC
Methyl Bromide Alternatives for Plant-Parasitic Nematode Control in Raspberry Nurseries , Inga Zasada, USDA-ARS HCRL
New research on soil fumigation alternatives and a regulatory update.
Fumigation options, innovations and alternatives, Horticulture Growers’ Short Course, Abbotsford BC, Jan 28, 2010
Blueberry varieties and how they perform in Washington, 2009. All industry blueberry meeting, December 9, 2009
Are the new soil fumigation regulations a disaster or a windfall? Western Washington Small Fruit Workshop, December 8, 2009
How to get a call from your crop when it’s thirsty. (A guide to making automated AgWeatherNet reports), Western Washington Small Fruit Workshop, December 8, 2009
Presentations from the Central Washington Blueberry Workshop, March 12, 2009.
- View slides in pdf format.
- Blueberries and Nematodes, Ekaterini Riga, WSU-Prosser
- Blueberry Viruses, Bob Martin, USDA-ARS
- Blueberry Markets and Outlooks, Rod Cook, Pan-American Farms
- What Influences Soil pH and How do we Modify it, Dan Nelson, Soiltest farm consultants
- Growing Blueberries in Eastern Washington, Tom Walters, WSU-Mount Vernon
- Stream the presentations on the Experience WSU website
Growing Blueberries in the Basin, Columbia Basin Crop Consultants annual meeting, Jan 22, 2009
Rust never sleeps: Ways to deal with iron in irrigation water, SARE Irrigation and Water Workshop series, Mount Vernon, WA June 2, 2008
Irrigation problems and how to correct them, SARE Irrigation Workshop Mount Vernon, WA. Feb 25, 2008
Irrigation Management and its effect on root rot, 50th Lower Mainland Horticultural Improvement Association, Abbotsford, BC Canada, Feb 14, 2008
Berry irrigation practice and the connections with root rot, Western Washington Small Fruit Workshop, Dec 5, 2006.
Blueberry cultivars for homeowners, WSU Master Gardeners’ Conference, Sept 7, 2006.
Raspberry and Strawberry cultivars for homeowners, WSU Master Gardeners’ Conference, Sept 7, 2006.
Raspberry Irrigation for optimal yields and to avoid root rot, 8th annual Small Fruit Growers’ Workshop, Vancouver, WA, Mar 14, 2006.
Establishing Blueberry Plantings. 2006 Western Washington Horticultural Association Convention, Jan 5, 2006.
Walters T.W. Organic and conventional production of red raspberry. 2004 Western Washington Small Fruit Workshop.
Walters T.W. Caneberry breeding and varieties. 2004 Annual Caneberry meeting, Watsonville, CA.
Baumann, T., Moore P., Kempler C., Walters, T. Raspberry and Strawberry varieties: New info on what to grow. 45th annual Horticulture Growers’ Short Course, Lower Mainland Horticultural Improvement Association. 2003.
Walters T.W. Breeding Cole Crop Varieties for the North American Market (invited speaker). 24th Annual Ontario Horticultural Crops conference and Farmers’ Markets Ontario Symposium. 1998.
Our pages provide links to external sites for the convenience of users. WSU Extension does not manage these external sites, nor does Extension review, control, or take responsibility for the content of these sites. These external sites do not implicitly or explicitly represent official positions and policies of WSU Extension.