About the Team
The Pacific Northwest Vegetable Extension Group includes members from the University of Idaho, Oregon State University, Washington State University and USDA-ARS. Specialists contribute their expertise in plant pathology, horticulture, and entomology.
The Pacific Northwest Vegetable Extension Group received the 2012 Interdisciplinary Team award from the WSU College of Agriculture, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences (CAHNRS); from left, Carol Miles (horticulturist), Dan Bernardo (CAHNRS Dean), Debbie Inglis (plant pathologist), and Lindsey du Toit (plant pathologist).
Lindsey du Toit (firstname.lastname@example.org), WSU Vegetable Seed Pathologist, 360-848-6140, Debbie Inglis (email@example.com), WSU Vegetable Pathologist, 360-848-6134, and Carol Miles (firstname.lastname@example.org and http://vegetables.wsu.edu/), WSU Horticulturist, 360-848-6150, at the WSU Mount Vernon NWREC co-lead the team. Other members are:
– Mike Bush (email@example.com), WSU Extension Educator, Tree fruit and vegetable crops, WSU Yakima County Extension, 509-574-1600 (office) or 509-833-1669 (mobile)
– Jeremy Cowan (firstname.lastname@example.org), WSU Regional Extension Horticulture Specialist, Vegetable horticulture, high tunnels, and biodegradable plastic mulch, Washington State University Spokane County Extension, 509-477-2145, http://spokane-county.wsu.edu/
– Mike Derie (email@example.com), WSU Scientific Assistant in the Vegetable Seed Pathology Program (with Dr. Lindsey du Toit), WSU Mount Vernon NWREC, 360-848-6141
– Jeremiah Dung (Jeremiah.Dung@oregonstate.edu), OSU Assistant Professor, Department of Botany and Plant Pathology, OSU Madras COARC, 850 NW Dogwood Lane, Madras, OR 97741, 541-475-7107
– Ken Frost (firstname.lastname@example.org), Assistant Professor and Extension Plant Pathologist, Department of Botany and Plant Pathology, Oregon State University Hermiston Agricultural Research & Extension Center, 2121 South 1st Street, Hermiston, OR 97838. 541-567-8321 x105, http://bpp.oregonstate.edu/
– Babette Gundersen (email@example.com), WSU Agricultural Research Technologist, WSU Mount Vernon NWREC, 360-848-6135
– Kasia Kinzer (firstname.lastname@example.org), Assistant Professor and Extension Seed Potato Specialist, University of Idaho - Idaho Falls REC, 208-529-8376, extension 16.
– Don McMoran (email@example.com), WSU Extension Agriculture and Natural Resources Educator, WSU Extension Skagit County, 360-428-4270 ext. 225
– Hanu Pappu (firstname.lastname@example.org), WSU Virologist, WSU Pullman, 509-335-3752, http://plantpath.wsu.edu/people/faculty/pappu/pappu.htm
– Lyndon Porter (email@example.com), USDA-ARS Research Plant Pathologist, WSU Prosser IAREC, 509-786-9237
– Melodie Putnam (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director, Oregon State University Plant Clinic, 1089 Cordley Hall, 2701 SW Campus Way, Corvallis, OR 97331-2903, 541-737-3472, http://plant-clinic.bpp.oregonstate.edu/
– Naidu Rayapati (email@example.com), WSU Virologist, WSU Prosser IAREC, 509-786-2226
– Stuart Reitz (Stuart.firstname.lastname@example.org), Professor and Extension Faculty, Cropping Systems, Department of Crop and Soil Science, Malheur County Extension, Oregon State University, (541) 881-1417, http://extension.oregonstate.edu/malheur/
– Silvia Rondon (email@example.com), OSU Assistant Professor and Extension Entomologist, Hermiston Agricultural Research and Extension Center, 541-567-8321, http://oregonstate.edu/potatoes/ipm/, http://cropandsoil.oregonstate.edu/entomology_lab/
– Mike Thornton (firstname.lastname@example.org), UI Superintendent, Southwest Idaho R&E Centers, 208-722-6701 ext 211
– Tim Waters (email@example.com), WSU Area Extension Educator, WSU Benton/Franklin County Extension, 509-545-3511
– Erik Wenninger (firstname.lastname@example.org), Assistant Professor, Department of Plant, Soil and Entomological Sciences, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Idaho, Kimberly Research & Extension Center, 3806 N 3600 E, Kimberly, ID 83341-5076. (208) 423-6677, http://www.uidaho.edu/cals/pses.aspx
– Carrie Wohleb (email@example.com), WSU Extension Educator, Horticultural crops, including potatoes, vegetables and vegetable seed crops, WSU Grant & Adams Counties Extension, 509-754-2011 ext 413
– James Woodhall (firstname.lastname@example.org), Plant Pathologist, Parma Research & Extension Center, University of Idaho, 208 722-6701
Original members of the ‘WSU Vegetable Pathology Team’ initiated in 2001, which expanded into the tri-state ‘PNW Vegetable Extension Group’. Back row (l-r): Debra Inglis, Carol Miles, Ellen Bentley, Dyvon Havens, Erik Sorensen, Babette Gundersen, and Gary Pelter.
Front row (l-r): Jenny Glass and Lindsey du Toit.
Our pages provide links to external sites for the convenience of users. WSU Extension does not manage these external sites, nor does Extension review, control, or take responsibility for the content of these sites. These external sites do not implicitly or explicitly represent official positions and policies of WSU Extension.