About the Team
The Pacific Northwest Vegetable Extension Group includes members from the University of Idaho, Oregon State University, Washington State University and USDA-ARS. Specialists contribute their expertise in plant pathology, horticulture, and entomology.
The Pacific Northwest Vegetable Extension Group received the 2012 Interdisciplinary Team award from the WSU College of Agriculture, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences (CAHNRS); from left, Carol Miles (horticulturist), Dan Bernardo (CAHNRS Dean), Debbie Inglis (plant pathologist), and Lindsey du Toit (plant pathologist).
Debbie Inglis (firstname.lastname@example.org), WSU Vegetable Pathologist, 360-848-6134, and Lindsey du Toit (email@example.com), WSU Vegetable Seed Pathologist, 360-848-6140, both at at WSU Mount Vernon NWREC lead the team. Other members are:
– Mike Bush (firstname.lastname@example.org), WSU Extension Educator, Tree fruit and vegetable crops, WSU Yakima County Extension, 509-574-1600 (office) or 509-833-1669 (mobile)
– Mike Derie (email@example.com), WSU Scientific Assistant in the Vegetable Seed Pathology Program (with Dr. Lindsey du Toit), WSU Mount Vernon NWREC, 360-848-6141
– Axel Elling (firstname.lastname@example.org), WSU Assistant Professor, Department of Plant Pathology, with a specialty in molecular nematology, Johnson Hall, WSU Pullman, 509-335-3742, 509-335-3742, http://plantpath.wsu.edu/people/faculty/elling.htm
– Babette Gundersen (email@example.com), WSU Agricultural Research Technologist, WSU Mount Vernon NWREC, 360-848-6135
– Don Horneck (firstname.lastname@example.org), OSU Extension Agronomist with a specialty in fertility, Hermiston Agricultural Research and Extension Center, (541) 567-8321, http://oregonstate.edu/dept/hermiston/don-horneck.
– Don McMoran (email@example.com), WSU Extension Agriculture and Natural Resources Educator, WSU Extension Skagit County, 360-428-4270 ext. 225
– Hanu Pappu (firstname.lastname@example.org), WSU Virologist, WSU Pullman, 509-335-3752, http://plantpath.wsu.edu/people/faculty/pappu/pappu.htm
– Ross Penhallegon (email@example.com), OSU horticulturist located in Eugene, OR. Ross covers Lane, Linn and Benton Counties of OR, with responsibilities for extension work on nuts, tree fruits, berries, and vegetables; plus greenhouse, organic production and water quality issues. 541-682-7313
– Lyndon Porter (firstname.lastname@example.org), USDA-ARS Research Plant Pathologist, WSU Prosser IAREC, 509-786-9237
– Naidu Rayapati (email@example.com), WSU Virologist, WSU Prosser IAREC, 509-786-2226
– Silvia Rondon (firstname.lastname@example.org), OSU Assistant Professor and Extension Entomologist, Hermiston Agricultural Research and Extension Center, 541-567-8321, http://oregonstate.edu/potatoes/ipm/, http://cropandsoil.oregonstate.edu/entomology_lab/
– Mike Thornton (email@example.com), UI Superintendent, Southwest Idaho R&E Centers, 208-722-6701 ext 211
– Karen F. Ward (firstname.lastname@example.org), Plant Disease Diagnostician, WSU Pullman, 509-332-3292
– Tim Waters (email@example.com), WSU Area Extension Educator, WSU Benton/Franklin County Extension, 509-545-3511
– Carrie Wohleb (firstname.lastname@example.org), WSU Extension Educator, Horticultural crops, including potatoes, vegetables and vegetable seed crops, WSU Grant & Adams Counties Extension, 509-754-2011 ext 413
Original members of the ‘WSU Vegetable Pathology Team’ initiated in 2001, which expanded into the tri-state ‘PNW Vegetable Extension Group’. Back row (l-r): Debra Inglis, Carol Miles, Ellen Bentley, Dyvon Havens, Erik Sorensen, Babette Gundersen, and Gary Pelter.
Front row (l-r): Jenny Glass and Lindsey du Toit.
Our pages provide links to external sites for the convenience of users. WSU Extension does not manage these external sites, nor does Extension review, control, or take responsibility for the content of these sites. These external sites do not implicitly or explicitly represent official positions and policies of WSU Extension.